Monday, October 31, 2011

Where the Land Meets the Sea





My paintings are grounded in my love of colour and life long interest in people and my surroundings.

This show provides an opportunity to see her recent work.

My vivid colour sense portrays the passion I feel for my subject, whether it is landscape, coastal work or life.

My paintings verge on the abstract and have a spiritual dimension to them.

Over the years, I have become more observant and creative through filling numerous sketchbooks.

I started work teaching Art, and since further study at Colchester in the 1990’s my sole occupation has been as a working artist.

I work from a life model and paint from sketches in the studio.

I love life, I love Art and I need to do it!

Val Bonnett

River in flood

Mixed Media

£230




Music by the Gipping

Mixed Media

£230









Happisburgh, Norfolk

Mixed Media

£260




Waterfall, Ystradfellte

Mixed Media

£250










Porthleven

oil on canvas

£250









Bruny Island, Tasmania

Oil on canvas

£270



Towards Ravenscar 1

Mixed Media

£440





Towards Ravenscar 2

Mixed media

£170



Ravenscar rocks 1

Mixed Media

£530




Ravenscar rocks 2

Mixed Media

£190





April Mood

Oil

£170



Lake Summer Water

Oil

£130



Happisburgh Screen Print

£98





Vals Show lasts from 28th October - 25th November and can be viewed monday - friday 9:00 - 4:00 at

The Level Best Art Cafe,

3 Culver Street East,

Colchester

CO1 1LD.

Tel: 01206 366059

No comments:

Post a Comment